Florida Fighting Conch

Florida Fighting Conch

Thursday, May 1, 2014

My Walk to the Lighthouse ( Sanibel #3)

 
On my first morning (second day on Sanibel, on Monday), I decided to walk all the way to the Lighthouse which was some 1.8 miles down the beach from where I was staying.
 
But first, I'll show you some stuff which I had found that early morning at low tide.
 
I found lots of goodies before even setting off toward the Lighthouse: a Sea Urchin, Coquina, Worm Rocks (clusters of Variable Worm Shells), a tiny Ponderous Ark and some Corrugated Jewel Boxes.
 
Here are all the Skate Eggs that I found in the high tide wrack line.
 
 
Also, a sponge (I don't know what kind it is, sorry). I thought this looked awesome ;D
 
Then I set out to the beach.
 
I came across several shell lines, all full of minis and hit a jack pot!!!!!!
 
                                              
I found a baby Horse Conch!!!!!! Oh my gosh, I was so ECSTATIC!!!!!!!!!! And after that I went on to find two or three more babies Horse Conchs, but I didn't take pictures of them because I was too busy shelling! :)

Can you see the Fly-specked Cerith here?
A little cybershelling, not the best, but it's kind of my first try, so please excuse it. ;)

Another one of my shellcesses was this wonderful Angulate Wentletrap.
Although these little guys are pretty strong and sturdy, Wentletraps have always struck me as something delicate.

And here's a better picture of the shell line.
Cybershell away, I wish you luck!!!!!!!!

The was cloudy but warm, the waves were calm.
 
And I just walked on and on.... looking for shells....
 
See ya soon,
Yaroshelllava :D
 
P.S. Please excuse my finger in some of the pictures, that guy sure likes photobombing my pics. ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment