Florida Fighting Conch

Florida Fighting Conch

Monday, May 26, 2014

Let's Get Back to Bowman's Beach!! (Sanibel Island #6)

 
I decided to do another post today after making my post on shark teeth. Please enjoy this burst of diligence, because I don't know when I'll do another post... :P
So here is Sanibel Island part 6.
 
I left all of you guys with a small hook as I got to Bowman's Beach.
I came in time for the evening low tide.
 
There was a shell line on the shore...

....but I found most of my shells in the water, in the surf.

There were a few shellers there already.  I headed to the south of the island first.

My first find was this live juvie Florida Fighting Conch who I left alone, safely in the water.
Then... I hit TREASURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A big Gaudy Nautica!!!!!!!! It's every bit and even more beautifuller than this picture!!!!!!
About 1.5 inches long- I was ecstatic!!!!!!!!!

I stayed at the beach for about an hour and half to two hours.

Here's the inside of my shelling bag.
Do you see that Florida Cone???????? That was another treasure!!!!!!
I also found a lot of Calico Crabs- I really like those guys and for some reason I find most of mine on Bowman's.

 
Well that's it for today. My diligence is wearing of....
 
See ya sometime (hopefully) soon........
Yaroshelllava :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment