Florida Fighting Conch

Florida Fighting Conch

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Relaxing on my Way to the Lighthouse ( Sanibel Island Part #4)

I left you guys off, in the middle of my walk to the Lighthouse!
Well, now I came back to pick you up.
 
 
I found more goodies rolling in the waves, the tide was incoming.
My second baby Horse Conch and my FIRST (AHHHH!!!!!!!!!) full Nutmeg.
I was sooooo happy, but these shellcesses didn't prevent me from continuing on.

The beach stretched out in front of me......
Hmmmmmm... what else might I find?

This guy was a Sea Cucumber, lying in the wrack line. I think that he was dead and dried out.

Next, a live Ponderous Ark with some seaweed attached to it. I liked this guy a lot because of the yellowish coloring of his shell.
Usually they are more white, but I found a few of these yellow colored once during my week on Sanibel this year.

Keep on walking....
There are more shells to be found....

And even more shells....
I think that you can see the Lighthouse in the distance here in this photo....

Here's a Dosinia shell. I left it for someone else to find because I have a lot of these already :D

Some houses on the island. It's heaven!!!!!!

And the ocean- even better....

That day the waves brought me in a lot of treasures, take a look:

All my finds in my first day at Sanibel.
I know it's now the best photo, but I had to stretch my arms way up high to take a picture encompassing the whole table!!!!!!

And my favorite finds for that walk to the Lighhouse and back:
my first baby Horse Conchs, fancy Wentletraps, the Wormie and some Sea Urchins!!!
Sweet Shellcess!!!!!!!!!
 
Be back in a while,
Lava of Ocean Dawn :D

No comments:

Post a Comment