Florida Fighting Conch

Florida Fighting Conch

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lots of Adorableness and Shell Babies: Thursday Throwbacks

So since its Thursday, I decided to go straight to the "Throwbacks". No need to switch it up like I did on Tuesday. :D

More photos of wonderful Florida....

Some egg capsule on a Pen Shell. I'm guessing that they are Horse Conch egg casings, but now really sure.
 
 
 Now here are two shell Egg Casings: the one on the left are definitely from a  Lightning Whelk and the one on the right are, for sure, those of a Horse Conch. 

A cute Sea Squirt.
 
 An even more adorable Sea Star, probably a baby Nine-Armed Sea Star.
You can see the nine arms.
 
Well, that's some of the cuteness that I saw on my trip last year.
 
See ya later,
Lava of Ocean Dawn or Yaroshellava (Yaro"shell"lava)
 
P.S. Yaroshelllava- a name I came up with today to demonstrate my love for shells.
And now a challenge: come up with your own shell name, don't be shy. :D
 


No comments:

Post a Comment