Florida Fighting Conch

Florida Fighting Conch

Friday, February 21, 2014

Flying in on Buttefly Wings

So today is Friday. YAY!!!!
And in exactly a week, it's my birthday!!!
Yep, that's right, on Friday, February 28th, I'm turning 16!
But it's not next week yet, so let's stick to today.
Time will fly past as it is, no use rushing it. :D

Speaking of flying, you know what else flies?
Butterflies.
And you know what they use?
Wings!

So today, I'll just show you a bunch of shell "butterfly wings" ( or bivalves).

This shell is called the Sunray Venus. I found it last March on Sanibel Island. I absolutely love this shell!

The Atlantic Wing(ed) Oyster! Same as yesterday, but the two shells do look like wings, sort of....

Kitty's Paws! A smaller version of the great Lion's Paw (which I still want to find). There were lots of these minis on Sanibel.

Two pairs of Florida Spiny Jewel Boxes. But don't let the name fool ya! These shells are the same as roses: thorny, yet sweet. Also, they can be found as far north as North Carolina so don't get upset if you don't have s house in Florida, yet! ;)

 
And lastly, the Cross-barred Venus. It's not closely related to the Sunray Venus, and no longer are both shells in the Venus genus, but they still kept the name.
 
That's it for right now, I have swimming tonight. Yesterday, I had horseback riding and tomorrow I have the second day of my internship (SUPER EXCITED!!!), theatre and shopping. This just gives you a glance at my busy schedule, so don't be mad if I don't post for a coupla days.
 
See ya soon!
Yaroslava :D

No comments:

Post a Comment