Florida Fighting Conch

Florida Fighting Conch

Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Mini Post on Mini Shells

Ok, I'm sorry!!!! Really, really, sorry!!!
I know that I haven't posted in a few days, but that's because I didn't have any time.
I'm still in school, so between school, homework and after-school activity, oh an sleeping, I have no time whatsoever to do what I'd like: that means blogging.
But, right now, I just grabbed a few moments right before bedtime to give you a small min post on tiny mini shells!
 Here's the first one: an American Carrier Shell.
This shell collects lots of dry rubble and bits of shell on its own shell.

Next, is an Atlantic Wing(ed) Oyster. These small bivalves cling to seaweed.

And this is an adorable Cabrit's Murex! I found it in Fort Lauderdale, back in 2011. It is pretty common on the East Coast of Florida, but maybe even rare on Florida's West Coast.

Finally, the Gaudy Nautica, or Colorful Moon Snail, or Colorful Atlantic Natica or... wait, that's it....
Wow, this little shell has a lot of names. :)
 
Well, that's it for my mini post, gotta go to bed now.
G'night everyone,
Yaroslava :D

No comments:

Post a Comment