Florida Fighting Conch

Florida Fighting Conch

Thursday, February 12, 2015

1st Anniversary!!!!

It has been exactly a year since I started this blog!
I shared pictures of my shell and fossil collection, pieces of shellart that I created and photos from my trips to various beaches. Thank you to all of you who have stuck with me through this year.
I just want to share some more photos with you to commemorate this anniversary!
 
Here is a photo of my seashell anchor which I made a few weeks ago. I gave it to my little brother because he really liked it. Hopefully he will start collecting seashells too, soon!

By bits and pieces of the Florida Crown Conch. I have never found a fully complete one- even the two on the bottom which look fairly whole, actually have holes in their sides. Oh well, in less than two months I'm gonna be on Sanibel and I hope that I'll find one!

 
 
The Atlantic Marginella... I found over a hundred of these mini shells (they are less than half an inch long) on our week long trip to Oak Island this summer.
 
And that's it for right now! Hopefully, I will have another post ready soon- either about some more of my shellart or a few shells that I identified recently. Keep tight!
 
Lava of Ocean Dawn :D

No comments:

Post a Comment