Florida Fighting Conch

Florida Fighting Conch

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Spring Break Sanibel Part 1

Ok, so time to recount my Sanibel adventure!!!!!!!!!!!
I arrived on Sanibel around 5 pm on Sunday, April 13th. Here's a photo out of my car window of the Sanibel Causeway.

Here's the Sanibel Lighthouse!!!! Getting closer to Sanibel :D

And here I'm finally at the beach.
As soon as we arrived at our lodging ( apartment, rented house, whatever ;) ), I jumped out of the car and ran to the beach with my handy shell bag.
Let's get this party started!!!!!

 
My first find was this live Lettered Olive. The tide was receding and I've noticed that quite a few of these guys can be found slithering in the sand at low tide.
 
Then I got busy shelling!

Here are my favorite finds for that evening- juvie Florida Fighting Conch, juvie Lightning Whelk, parts of  a Sea Urchin, paired Scallop and a Fish Scale.
 
Not much, but it was a great start!!!!!!!!!

 
The next morning I got up bright and early for the 7 o'clock low tide.

There was a great high tide wrack line with Pen Shells and Seaweed and Egg Casings, but I decided to go walk at the water line and see what goodies lay there.

And here's another view of the high tide wrack line. To the right you can see a bit of the shell line and then the waves. It was rather foggy that morning also.
 
Well, that was the start of my "shelldventure" !
More to come!
Have fun,
Yaroshelllava :D

No comments:

Post a Comment