Florida Fighting Conch

Florida Fighting Conch

Friday, April 25, 2014

Return from Sanibel

I'm taking abreak from class during school right now and writing this entry to give you a sneak peek at teh many posts to come about my trip to Sanibel Island for Spring Break!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im sooooooo excited!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry that I haven't posted for so long, but I hope that the future Sanibel posts make up for it. :D

I got to Sanibel on Sunday, April 13th afternoon and I immediately headed ot the beach. And kept on shelling everyday. at various of the beaches around the island all week long, until I left on Saturday, April 19th.

So, without further ado,
I give some shell pictures to you!!!!!!!!!!!

A handful of my shell treasures, from Thursday at Gulfside City Park during the incoming high tide. I found all of these buried in the high tide wrack line: Buttercup Lucine, Skate Egg, Aphabet Cone (first one!!!), Florida Cone, two baby True Tulips (ahhhh!!!!), a mini Orange Scallop, three Alternate Tellins and an Apple Murex.

Another one of my FAVORITE finds at Gulfside City Park during the incoming high tide, on I think, Wednesday! I caught this sweet juvie Horse Conch in the surf with a net.
I was sooooo thrilled!!!!! Sweet Shellcess!!!!!!!!!

Another handful of treasures- found on East Gulf Drive during an afternoon outgoing low tide.
I loved the Florida Worm Shell and the West Indian Worm Shell ( the white wormie)!!!!!!!! The other shells are two Florida Cones, I think, a juvie Lightning Whelk, a huge Bubble Shell, an Angulate Wentletrap, and an unidentified shell that I think is some Periwinkle. :)
 

More shells: a baby Saw-toothed Pen Shell ( I think these monsters are adorable when small!!!), an Atlantic Winged Oyster, a Lace Murex and a Pear Whelk.
I found these on East Gulf Drive too :D

And lastly, for today- I promise I'll be back!!!!- my first baby True Tulip!!!!!!!!!!!
It's in the first picture of this post too, but it's just ot delicious- so I had to show it to you separately.
 
Well, I gotta get back to my school work!!!!!!!!!
See ya soon,
Lava of Ocean Dawn :D

No comments:

Post a Comment