Florida Fighting Conch

Florida Fighting Conch

Thursday, March 27, 2014

"Shellart"


So hi guys.........
I promised you a Marginella post, but I think that all the ones that I have are the same species.



I found them all on Oak Island, NC and they sure look like Atlantic Marginellas. These itsy-bitsy shells are mostly scavengers. Also, they get their name from their wide margin (or aperature lip).
 And here's another photo of these cuties....
 
And now I'd like ot show you the cool stuff that I made a few weeks ago.
I got a glue gun and immediately made a few projects.
 
Here's a flower pot for my mom for March 8, International Woman's Day.
There are pieces of broken pen shells around the rim and full shells toward the bottom.

 
And here it is but with flowers in it.
After glueing on all the shells a ran into the woods in my backyard found some snowdrops ( the first flowers of the year!) and some other greenery and put it in the pot.
 
This is how the pot looked when I presented it (ooh fancy word!!!) to my mom.

 
And then I made a "shell plaque". I just played aroudna nd tried to make a design.
These are left over/ broken shells that I wanted to return to the beach anyways.

 
Well that's all!!!
Hope that you enjoyed my "shellart" :)
 
See ya soon,
Yaroshelllava :D







No comments:

Post a Comment