Florida Fighting Conch

Florida Fighting Conch

Thursday, September 17, 2015

A Dose of Seashells and Seashore


I haven't posted in long long time and I'm sorry for that! However, I've had the busiest summer- with lots of traveling- and now that fall has come, I've started college! Yup, I'm a freshman once again 😆
However, we all need a dose of seashells and seashore, so here's some photos from my trip to Oak Island, NC this year! Btw, this is the 14th year that my family has gone to Oak Island- in fact, it's not really summer, if we don't go to Oak Island! 😊



There were some wonderful rainbows this summer on Oak Island- they spanned the whole sky from the shore to the waves.


Here's a Loggerhead hatchling making his way to the sea! We saw several turtle nest hatchings this year, and I will do a post on that shortly.


I found a wonderful Knobbed Whelk- abut 6-7 inches long.


There were many sweet, colorful little Coquinas!


Here's another colorful Coquina shell.


I found around 10 or 20 White Baby's ear shells over the 10 days that we spent on Oak Island. Based on my own experience, Baby's Ears are more common in North Carolina than on Sanibel. But maybe, that's just my luck!


I will find Wormies everywhere!


I love the dunes- they are always waving in the wind or breeze.


Waves breaking under the pier.


And a wonderful sunset, framed by the same pier!
Overall, it was a fantastic vacation, but I'm thrilled with the start of the new school year and college! Even though, the challenge level will be daunting, I'm sure that life will continue to be bright and wonderful!🙌🏻

Bye!
Yaroshelllava :D













No comments:

Post a Comment