Florida Fighting Conch

Florida Fighting Conch

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Shellart on Sunday

Today I had a free day so I decided that I do some shellart, that I had been wanting to do for the past week or so.
I started with some shell plaques...
 
 
These one was my first one today. I took a piece of cardboard and used a hot glue gun to cover it in pretty origami paper and then to glue on shells. I have a supply of "craft shells" for projects like this. My "craft shells" are complete and broken, old and new, but they are slightly worse than my "collection shells" (the ones that I organize into boxes to keep), so they go into my craft supply.

 
Then, I made a second shell plaque. I started the same way as the first one. Then I made the flower in the center out of Disk Dosinias and a Chestnut Turban. The yellow chain at the top of the plaque is a Whelk Egg Casing.

 
After my two shell plaques, I got into a holiday mood. So I made this Christmas Shell Tree out of various Ark shells and a Scallop on top. Lastly, I made sparkly balls out of silver and gold paper to be ornaments.

 
Having completed my Christmas Shell Tree, I made some shellangels. I used Mossy Arks as the wings and yard for the red bows.
 
And now, I want to show you guys some other shell crafts that I did about two weeks ago.

 
First, I crocheted this Pearl Oyster or Clam! Did you know that not only oysters and clams can make pearls, but conchs and whelks too? Yes, they can!

 
And also, I made this print of a Horse Conch. Then I decided that the white edges of the paper looked bare, so I made a shellframe!
 
I hope that my shellart will give you guys some shellspiration! Have fun!
Yaroshelllava :D

No comments:

Post a Comment